Monday, March 29, 2004

margot knight

Las imagenes de Margot Knight give me the willies. Creepy shit. Pero como dice su biografia estuvo trabajando en "Fabrica" un taller experimental de Benetton.




The images I make provide logical conclusions to my own absurd hypotheses and show how these fabulous possibilities could meld into the daily routine. I begin with objects or bodies or plants and try to give them more life, or a different kind of life. Loneliness, exhuberance, and wonder take on physical form.

My work is influenced by the fantasies of artists, including Duane Michals, Barbara Kruger, Orlan, James Victoire, Chema Madoz, and The Brothers Quay, but above all it is a refraction of the world I encounter in my life. My parents' medical textbook "Recognizable Patterns of Human Malformation," trees coated with sleeping butterflies, seizures between a gunshot and death, and lemon-flavored ants have fed my imagination with the wonders of reality. However, to see the world is also to see broken places, chemicals in the water, hungry people. I want to make fantastic, painful images to talk about the real world and the miraculous human body.


chequen las otras galerias y no solo las de girl and her worm...

creepy I tell you

margot knight

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here