Friday, January 02, 2004

The Art of the Apology


Como si y como no disculparse... una pequeña guia:



I'm sorry I was such a pain in the ass. (self-pitying exaggeration)
I'm sorry I yelled at you. (better)

I'm sorry I ruined our whole day. (vague exaggeration)
I'm sorry I lost my temper in front of your friends. (better)

I'm sorry. I just suck at this stuff. (vague self-pity)
I'm sorry I wasn't communicating with you very well about how I was feeling. (better)

I'm sorry I can't do anything right. (self-pitying, vague exaggeration)
I'm sorry I ruined your shirt by drying it on "Hot". (better)



Cuando cortar una disculpa, y dejar detalles para otra ocasion:


I'm sorry that I snapped at you. (good)
I'm sorry I snapped at you because you were talking so much. (not so good)

I'm sorry I was being so impatient with you. (good)
I'm sorry I was being impatient with you when you were being so indecisive. (not so good)

I'm sorry I spilled milk on the counter and didn't clean it up. (good))
I'm sorry I spilled milk on the counter, but you shouldn't have startled me like that. (not so good)




kimberly_a: The Art of the Apology

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Listed on BlogShares Who Links Here